Friday 9 August 2013

Monthly Prenatal Check-Up

Posted by I Am Rachel Zoe's' Mom at 07:33
These were the activities for yesterday's prenatal check-up:

8 August 2013 (Thursday)

1. Weight measurement - if last month I weigh 60.5 kilos, this time I now weighs 66.10 kilos
2. Blood pressure was 115/74
3. Urine test was normal
4. For the first time, fundal height measurement was taken - this prenatal activity usually takes place starting at about 20 weeks. Your healthcare practitioner will measure your fundal height - the distance from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus. This measurement allows your practitioner to assess your baby's size, growth rate, and position.

As a rule of thumb, your fundal height in centimeters should roughly equal the number of weeks you're pregnant. For example, at 20 weeks, your fundal height should be about 18 to 22 centimeters.

Yesterday, I am on my 26th week and 3 days.

5. My favorite part of every prenatal check-up - hearing the heartbeat of my baby, wherein I was even able to record it on my mobile. :)

6. Lastly, I was given the next schedule for my next prenatal check-up, added my schedule for the glucose test which is scheduled in about 2 weeks from now. God willing, hope I'll be able to complete this test successfully as I've heard from many that it's a bit difficult as you're only allowed to drink water and no food at all during this activity or else if it will not be successful, you are going to repeat it again and be given another day to start over.

After the check-up, we went to McDonald's with my daughter Amber and her Dad :)

"Loving to eat... for TWO!"


Data Source: Fundal height measurement information courtesy of Babycenter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blessed & Waiting Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea