Saturday 7 September 2013

Bumped Incident

Posted by I Am Rachel Zoe's' Mom at 07:48
   Just want to share this incident so if anyone out there who had experienced the same, Kindly feel free to leave a comment.

  I was in a clothing store this afternoon and while looking for some stuff, the store clerk there suddenly bumped me on my back while she was pulling her stocks (she was walking backward). She saw me actually standing there when she passed on and went inside the stockroom. I just don't know why when she went out from there she still had to bumped on me and wasn't looking if there's anyone on her way? (I didn't notice her as I am standing behind) She's a tall lady so her butt bumped on my back, somewhat a bit huge also so the impact was a bit stronger. She said sorry but still I feel really bad as she saw me actually standing there when she passed. Just being so careless!

   Afterwards, I felt my tummy hardened specially the upper part where my ribs was. I just went home then and Googled on the internet if there's something I should be worried about. Right now, I feel fine so is baby whose movements is giving me assurances that there's nothing to worry.

   This is the very first time that I've encounter such incident while pregnant. Eversince, I've been doing my best just to always be careful in everything I do. Sometimes even you are being so careful with yourself, you'll encounter people who are careless that would somewhat be the reason of such incident.

   Just want to share what I've read from parenting.com:

A stranger's elbow here, a kitchen counter there -- as your pregnancy progresses, you may feel like your abdomen's on a collision course with the world. It's not just your imagination: Many factors during pregnancy make your belly bump-prone, such as loose ligaments and joints, a growing girth (you're a larger target and a little off-balance), and a feeling of being somewhat distracted.

There's no need to worry every time you bump your tummy; even a front-forward fall or a kick from your toddler is unlikely to hurt your baby-to-be. "Mother Nature provides a safe and protected environment for a fetus, which floats in amniotic fluid in the amniotic sac, which in turn is protected by the muscles of both the uterus and the abdomen," says Owen Montgomery, M.D., assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Allegheny University of the Health Sciences. The spine in back and the pelvis and rib cage in front also form bony barriers.

Even so, let your obstetrician know if you've taken a spill directly onto your belly, if you've been in a minor fender bender, or if you've suffered a blow to your stomach from another adult. He may have you come in to monitor the fetal heart rate. Seek immediate medical attention if your baby isn't as active as before (movement about five times in a two-hour period when you're lying down is normal if you're in your second or third trimester), or if you have bleeding, vaginal discharge, contractions, or cramping within 12 hours of an incident.

Take extra precautions to be safe from slipping. Watch out for ice, snow, and wet leaves, and newly waxed or mopped floors. Wear sensible shoes -- no slick soles or high heels -- that fit properly. Be careful getting in and out of the tub or shower, and use the handrails on stairs. And always wear a seatbelt with the lap portion under your abdomen and the shoulder strap between your breasts and to the side of your belly.


Source: From the article "If You Bump Your Pregnant Belly" http://www.parenting.com/article/belly-bump

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blessed & Waiting Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea