Sunday 21 May 2017

Benefits of Eating Sardines While Pregnant

Posted by I Am Rachel Zoe's' Mom at 04:07
   During those early stages of pregnancy, I've lost my appetite. I am not sick, no morning sickness or anything, just have no desire to eat. At times I feel nauseous after eating anything. Added my mouth is very tasteless, that I don't even like drinking water or milk.

   But glad when I entered my 11th week, I had my appetite back! :)

   With my previous two pregnancies, I've never had experienced this and that I always had a good appetite since the start of my pregnancy.

   With this pregnancy, I have no specific cravings but one food that somehow suits my taste is eating sardines in oil. I prefer with oil than that with tomato sauce. I love to eat that one with chilli that I always put lemon on it. Usually I pair it with sweet yellow mangoes! :) 


My dinner this evening! :)


   As it's packed in the can, I was thinking if it is safe to eat while pregnant and does it provide nourishment for me and my baby?

   Sharing with you this important facts I found from my research:


   

  I have found out that it is one of the super foods pregnant women should take. This “health food in a can” is rich in omega-3’s, which are critical for a baby’s brain and eye development. 

   Omega-3, in particular, contributes to the healthy development of the brain and eyes of a fetus, the researchers told the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.


   Omega-3s have been found to be essential for both neurological and early visual development of the baby 

   As part of a £5 million European Commission study into diet, Spanish researchers examined 2,000 women at the 20th week of pregnancy and again after birth.

   Women who eat fish during pregnancy are more likely to have brainy and sociable children, according to new EU-funded research.
   . 
   The report added: 'The amount of DHA transmitted to the fetus through the placenta might be crucial for fetal development."

  It contains the acid DHA which is a major component of brain cell membranes.


   Research has confirmed that adding EPA and DHA to the diet of pregnant women has a positive effect on visual and cognitive development of the baby. Studies have also shown that higher consumption of omega-3s may reduce the risk of allergies in infants.


   Omega-3s are also used after birth to make breast milk. With each subsequent pregnancy, mothers are further depleted.
   


   Those mothers-to-be who tucked into oily fish like tuna, sardines and salmon produced infants who scored better in various tests of skill and intelligence, it found.


   Unlike large ocean fish, they’re very low in mercury. 


Sardines in  sunflower oil... Yummy! :)


   So glad to know about these wonderful facts about eating sardines while pregnant and for sure I will always be including it on my pregnancy diet. :)



"The best way to keep your baby healthy is to keep yourself healthy."




Credits

American Pregnancy: http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/omega-3-fish-oil/
Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2094819/Omega-3-Women-eat-fish-pregnancy-likely-brainy-sociable-children.html
SFGATE: http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2009/03/11/7-superfoods-pregnant-women-should-eat/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blessed & Waiting Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea