Thursday 16 May 2013

2nd Prenatal Check Up (16-May-2013)

Posted by I Am Rachel Zoe's' Mom at 06:25
After my first prenatal check up last April 30 and my Nuchal Translucency Ultrasound last May 3, I have attended my 2nd prenatal check up today.

Same feeling, excited, specially that I will be able to hear my baby's heartbeat this time. :)

It was raining a bit hard with strong winds, I was thinking of it not a hindrance but somewhat as a blessing pouring on me for this special day.

I arrived on the clinic earlier before the 3pm appointment time. For the normal routine, for weight I got 57.4kgs, for the urine test it was normal. The blood pressure test was repeated three times and I was told to sit and have some rest (maybe I got tired while walking).

For today's check up, I was interviewed regarding my previous caesarian delivery. I was asked what prompted my previous OB for me to undergo a caesarian delivery and I told them due to small pelvis that was a result of my pelvic x-ray, and also that my OB was worried that I may not be able to stand a long labor due to my mild scoliosis. They asked me if my stitches inside my belly is also vertical just like my stitches outside. Just now, that I was given this knowledge that the position of stitches outside may not be the same as inside.

The doctor gave me a request letter to send to my OB asking for a copy of my antenatal record for them to be updated of my previous caesarian delivery history. I was also told that they will refer me to an Ortho to check my scoliosis so for them to be able to know if I can handle a spinal anesthesia if I will be undergoing a C-section once again. Though I told them that I did already when I gave birth to my first which is a general anesthesia.

The activity for today as a routine, the doctor checked my breast ( I'm glad this was included as during my previous pregnancy check up, I was never checked on my breast), also same with my neck, my breathing pattern, and my abdomen.

Lastly, the heartbeat of my baby, I told them it was my first time to hear it just now on my 2nd check up. And the doctor said the baby was happy. Such a wonderful feeling! I'm so excited to hear it again God willing, on my next prenatal check up scheduled next month 24th of June.

The date for my Anatomy Ultrasound was also given and is scheduled on 3rd of July. I hope I'll be given the chance to know the gender of my baby then. So excited! :)

Thanks be to God for this day...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blessed & Waiting Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea