Wednesday 2 October 2013

My Prenatal Check Up

Posted by I Am Rachel Zoe's' Mom at 07:18
   
   This Thursday, 3rd October 2013, I will be having my prenatal check up again. My follow up schedule was at every 2 weeks now as I'm on the latter part of of my third trimester. My last prenatal check up was 19th of September.

  I have also attended last Monday (afternoon) 16th of September, the "Antenatal  Anaesthetic" consultation. I have provided the hospital history about my mild scoliosis so I was referred to attend this consultation.

   My back and spine were checked by the Doctor and was fine. Afterwards, I was given information about the difference between a General Anaesthesia from a Spinal Anaesthesia. The Doctor told me that they always recommend a Spinal Anaesthesia for such advantages:


- You can have your husband with you on the Operating Room while giving birth
- You will be able to see and hear your baby as soon as he/she's born
- Will be able to bond and breastfeed right away
- Recovery is much faster


   I was just told that I will be feeling some kind of pulling and tugging while the operation is going on but will never feel the pain. It will take like around 16 hours before my anaesthesia fades away.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blessed & Waiting Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea